For most smart devices, there is no need for any configuration. One just needs to choose eduroam and log in with your user name and password. The configuration instructions here are the few less smart devices:
- Click "Settings" then select "Wireless & Networks" and "WiFi settings" (or something similar).
- Choose "eduroam".
- If you are asked for user ID and password, you have a smart device. Just enter your university email (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org) and password to connect.
- If you see a list of items to fill in, here is what you need:
- For "EAP method" select "PEAP".
- For "Phase 2 authentication" select "MSCHAPV2" (This is typically the default)
- Set "CA Certificate" to "Use system certificates" and "Domain" to "uottawa.ca" (or whatever domain in your university, e.g., uwo.ca for Western).
- Enter your university email as your Identity, e.g., email@example.com.
- Leave "Anonymous identity" field blank.
- Enter your password associated with your email.
- Tap "Connect".
- Your device should show "Obtaining IP address from eduroam...", and "Connected to eduroam".
Your device will connect automatically to eduroam next time when it is in range.
(I included the information here because universities are progressively making information more difficult to find.)